My oldest is 2 years old and loves to color and draw. He is at the great age where you can keep his attention and create some fun masterpieces. We have done a few of the activities and crafts that I found and pinned on my Kids' Activities board on Pinterest.
We started out doing a different craft using straws and that morphed into one of our own.
- White paper
- Colored straws
- White glue
- Cut up the colored straws into different lengths
- Use the liquid white glue and make an abstract picture or pattern on the white paper
- If your child is able to squeeze the glue bottle, you can let him/her create the pattern.
- Then sit back and let your child stick the straw pieces onto the glue.
- When finished lay flat to dry and display on a wall.
This is a great way to teach colors as well as hand-eye coordination. I would ask him to choose the blue piece and add it to the picture. He worked very hard to place the pieces just-so on the lines of glue.
My son loves manipulating little objects. He had just as much fun taking the pieces out of the container and playing with them as he did squishing them into the glue.
I plan to start creating lots of different crafts and activities with my toddler so make sure to follow my blog to get some simple ideas to do with your kids.
Feel free to pin and share! Thanks.
What activities have you done with your kids lately?
Do you have a kids' activities board on Pinterest? Leave the link to your board and I will follow along for more craft inspiration.