For my bridal shower my sisters organized a cooking themed party. Most of the gifts were for kitchen supplies such as cookware and utensils. The best part though was the huge number of recipes that they collected from all of my friends and relatives. Most of whom lived far away and could not attend my shower.
At the shower they gave me an envelope full of handwritten recipes. One or two from each person. It was great to discover all kinds of new recipes and have them all on different kinds of paper all with unique penmanship.
I complied all of these recipes and made a scrapbook.
Here is the Do-It-Yourself version:
You can make the scrapbook yourself or compile all of the materials and give those as a gift for your friend to make herself.
- Handwritten recipes on individual papers
- Scrapbook pages
- Kitchen/Food themed scrapbooking embellishments
- Ask friends and family for their handwritten favorite recipes.
- They can be mailed from long distances or if time is short, typed and emailed.
- Organize the recipes by theme: main dish, desserts, salads, dip, etc.
- Create pages or groups of pages for each theme.
- Create tabs for easy access to the group.
- Attach recipes in groups and add embellishments to the page.
- Continue to add recipes whenever a friend shares a new one with you.
Make a creative and unique gift for your friend to enjoy for years to come!