- Shaving cream
- Ice cream cones (I used stale ones that were left over from my son's birthday party)
- Food coloring
- Tiny rocks or sparkles (I reused the rocks from my Dinosaur Life Cycle Sensory Bin)
- Ice cream scoop and spoons
- Spray shaving cream into a bin
- Add random drops of different colored food coloring
- Let your children swirl the colors together with spoons
- Give them ice cream scoops and ice cream cones
- Provide little dishes of small rocks or glitter so they can add "toppings" to the ice cream cones.
- Make sure to closely supervise your children so no one puts any shaving cream into their mouths.
- Great way to teach pretend play.
- My one year old enjoyed the Ice Cream Shop almost as much as my 3 year old. Neither one tried to put anything into their mouths but some 1 year olds, might be tempted. So watch closely.